United Community Financial Corp. (NASDAQ: UCFC), holding company of The Home Savings and Loan Company, announced today that the sale of Home Savings’ four western-most branches to Croghan Colonial Bank (“Croghan”), a subsidiary of Croghan Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHBH), was officially completed on Friday, December 16, 2011.
Croghan, headquartered in Fremont, Ohio, acquired the Home Savings branches located in Fremont, Clyde, Tiffin (Westgate) and downtown Tiffin, Ohio. In the transaction, Croghan assumed all of the deposit liabilities and the related fixed assets of the branches. Croghan paid a premium of 4.0% (or approximately $4.5 million) on the deposits at the branches. In addition, Croghan acquired performing consumer and residential loans associated with the branches. There were approximately $111.4 million in deposits and $20.9 million in performing consumer and residential loans at the branches. Croghan anticipates retaining the Home Savings employees at the branches.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Community Financial Corp., Home Savings operates 34 full-service banking offices and eight loan production offices located throughout Ohio and western Pennsylvania. Additional information on UCFC and Home Savings may be found at www.ucfconline.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV