NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks rallied Thursday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 stretching their winning streak to a third day, after data suggested improvements in the U.S. economy.
The Dow closed up 62 points, or 0.5%, at 12,170. The S&P 500 finished up 10 points, or 0.8%, at 1254 and the Nasdaq was up 21 points, or 0.8%, at 2599.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Retail and the WeatherIs the winter weather going to cause a setback for retail, with warmer weather than expected so far? Joe Feldman of Telsey Advisory says the weather is an issue and mark downs on cold-weather goods are increasing. Items are going out the door at lower cost and these are unplanned sales. The cold weather gear has been the major cause of unplanned sales, but it's also hit electronics and toys, leading to a lower profit side of the equation, where retailers are taking hits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV