NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks rallied Thursday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 stretching their winning streak to a third day, after data suggested improvements in the U.S. economy.
The Dow closed up 62 points, or 0.5%, at 12,170. The S&P 500 finished up 10 points, or 0.8%, at 1254 and the Nasdaq was up 21 points, or 0.8%, at 2599.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Retail and the WeatherIs the winter weather going to cause a setback for retail, with warmer weather than expected so far? Joe Feldman of Telsey Advisory says the weather is an issue and mark downs on cold-weather goods are increasing. Items are going out the door at lower cost and these are unplanned sales. The cold weather gear has been the major cause of unplanned sales, but it's also hit electronics and toys, leading to a lower profit side of the equation, where retailers are taking hits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV