- Net sales for the third quarter were $123.9 million, as compared to $120.9 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2011. Same store sales were essentially flat for the quarter.
- Gross profit was $26.8 million, as compared to $43.4 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011. Gross profit margin was 21.7% for the third quarter of fiscal 2012, as compared to 35.9% in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Asset impairment charges estimated at $11.4 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 include non-cash asset impairment charges related to approximately 100 stores planned to close by January 2012 and non-cash asset impairment charges for stores the Company plans to continue to operate. The Company also recorded $0.8 million of severance charges related to closing stores and a reduction in force in October involving corporate office and field management personnel. No asset impairment or restructuring charges were recorded in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Operating loss totaled $28.2 million which includes the asset impairment and restructuring charges referred to above. This compares to an operating loss of $0.2 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011, which included a pre-tax severance charge of approximately $1.0 million related to the separation of the Company’s former Chief Executive Officer.
- Net loss totaled $28.2 million, or $0.79 per share, for the third quarter, which includes $12.2 million, or $0.34 per share, of restructuring charges and the estimated asset impairment charges. This compares to a net loss of $9.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the third fiscal quarter of 2011, which included a non-cash charge resulting from recording a $12.9 million, or $0.36 per share, valuation allowance related to the Company’s deferred tax assets and a pre-tax severance charge of approximately $1.0 million, or $0.02 per share.
Christopher & Banks Corporation Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.