According to a Securities and Exchange filing, Hastings will receive an annual salary of $500,000 on top of stock option allowance of $1.5 million in the coming year. In 2011, Hastings earned $500,000 and received an annual stock option allowance of $3 million.
Netflix has fallen from grace following several strategic mishaps, including a 60% price hike of its popular one DVD and unlimited streaming service, failed negotiations to renew its streaming contract with Liberty Starz and the "Qwikster" debacle.
The company has warned that expects to swing to a loss in 2012 due to costs associated with its international expansion in the U.K. and Ireland.Shares of Netflix, which have fallen nearly 60% in 2011, were up 3.5% to $73.48 in afternoon trades. -Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV