According to a Securities and Exchange filing, Hastings will receive an annual salary of $500,000 on top of stock option allowance of $1.5 million in the coming year. In 2011, Hastings earned $500,000 and received an annual stock option allowance of $3 million.
Netflix has fallen from grace following several strategic mishaps, including a 60% price hike of its popular one DVD and unlimited streaming service, failed negotiations to renew its streaming contract with Liberty Starz and the "Qwikster" debacle.
The company has warned that expects to swing to a loss in 2012 due to costs associated with its international expansion in the U.K. and Ireland.Shares of Netflix, which have fallen nearly 60% in 2011, were up 3.5% to $73.48 in afternoon trades. - Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV