NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Happy new year Five Dumbest fans, and may the coming year be as inane as the last one!
Yes, it's time to start looking ahead to 2012 and all the foolish wonders it will bring. To be honest, with all the unknowns still hanging over the market, we won't have to skip a beat when we crack open the new calendar.
Lucky for us, there is still a ton of unresolved stupidity out there, like whether Research In Motion or Netflix will still exist by the end of the year. Or, for that matter, if Europe will still be around.
And what will become of our good friend Jon Corzine in 2012? Will he catch the thieves that stole MF Global's millions? And what about Bank of America's Brian Moynihan? Will that poor guy ever catch a break?Oh man! It's going to be a great year indeed! Still, before we officially close the books on 2011, we here at the Five Dumbest Lab would like to take one last look back at all the craziness that brought us to this point. And please, be sure to take the poll at the end of the story so we can get a consensus on which of these stories our faithful readers deemed the dumbest of the dumb in the past year. So without further ado, here's our list of the Ten Dumbest Things On Wall Street in 2011. See you next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV