A regional bank player whose insiders are snapping up some shares is Doral Financial (DRL), which manages its business through three segments: banking (including thrift operations), mortgage banking and insurance agency. Insiders are spotting what could be an extremely undervalued stock since shares are off by over 40% in 2011.
Doral Financial has a market cap of $98.18 million and an enterprise value of $3.15 billion. This stock trades at a cheap valuation, with a forward price-to-earnings of just 4.29. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 91.6% and for next year it's pegged at 172%. This is far from a cash-rich company; the total cash position on its balance sheet is $107.14 million, and its total debt is a whopping $2.59 billion.The CEO and president just bought 735,835 shares, or $496,247 worth of stock, at 67 cents per share. >>5 Beaten-Down Stocks That Could Rebound in 2012 From a technical standpoint, DRL is currently trading below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock dropped big from its October high of $1.39 to a recent low of 56 cents. After hitting that low, the stock has started to rebound big and now trades at 79 cents a share. That recent rebound also came with some solid upside volume. If you're interested in DRL from the long side, then I would look to buy this stock off any weakness and simply place a mental stop just below 70 cents to 65 cents a share. If you get long and those levels hold, then I would add to any long position once DRL takes out 85 cents on high-volume. Look for volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 815,083 shares. Target a run back toward 98 cents, or potentially higher if the bulls continue to snap up shares with the insiders in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV