2. Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO), produces copper, zinc, molybdenum, and silver. The company's mining, smelting and refining facilities are located in Peru and Mexico, and it conducts exploration activities in these countries and Chile.
In the last week of October, the company decided to distribute an interim dividend payment for fiscal year 2011 at the overall value of $588.7 million, representing 70 cents per share, payable Nov. 29 to shareholders of record Dec. 16. The company has a current dividend yield of 7.3% and one-year dividend growth of 46.4%, according to a recent Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, sales rose 38.8% year-on-year to $1.7 billion, compared to $1.3 billion in the same quarter prior year. Copper mine production grew 24.4% year-over- year, while anodes, cathodes and rod production increased 82%, 62% and 82.2%, respectively. Net income improved 81.5% year-over-year to $663 million, or 79 cents per share, vs. $365.2 million, or 43 cents per share, during the same quarter last year.For full year 2011, the company estimates copper production at 630,000 tons. Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 56% recommend a buy and 39% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 26.3% to $37.98 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV