4. Qualcomm (QCOM) designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services based on its code division multiple access technology and other technologies.
In October, the company announced a quarterly cash dividend of 21 cents. Currently, the stock is trading with a dividend yield of 1.5% and one-year dividend growth of 12.8%, as per data compiled by Bloomberg.
Revenue for fiscal 2011 stood at $15.0 billion, up 31.3%, while net income was up 43% to $4.3 billion. Cash and cash equivalents at the end the year increased to $5.4 billion from $3.5 billion, up 54% compared to fiscal 2010.For full year 2012, QCOM expects revenue in the range of $18 billion to $19 billion and diluted EPS of $2.80 to $3.00. For the first quarter of 2012, it expects revenue between $4.35 billion and $4.75 billion and diluted EPS of 70 cents to 76 cents. In November, the company acquired HaloIPT and its wireless electric vehicle charging technology. Of the 44 analysts covering the stock, 84% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 24.4% to $66.54 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV