8. Intel (INTC) designs and builds microchips that serve as the foundation for many of the world's computing devices.
Intel paid fourth-quarter dividend of 21 cents per share, up from 15.75 cents in the same period previous year. During the quarter, the company generated $6.3 billion in cash from operations, paid cash dividends of $1.1 billion, and used $4 million to repurchase 186 million shares of common stocks. Currently, the company is trading at dividend yield of 3.2% and 24.2% one-year dividend growth, as per data compiled by Bloomberg.
For the third quarter, the company reported $3.1 billion year-over-year revenue increase to $14.2 billion, up 28% from $11.1 billion in the year-ago quarter. Net income grew to $3.46 billion, or 65 cents per diluted share, increasing 17.2% from $2.95 billion, or 52 cents, in the corresponding quarter previous year. Cash and cash equivalents rose to $7.05 billion from $4.63 billion in the previous quarter.For the fourth quarter, the company estimates revenue at $13.7 billion, plus or minus $300. Gross margin is expected at 64.5%, plus or minus a couple of percentage points. Recently, INTC announced the acquisition of Infineon Technologies' AG Wireless Solutions business. Of the 53 analysts covering the stock, 55% recommend a buy and 36% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 11.9% to $26.51 from the current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV