Nick Parrino said: "Thanks for writing this article. The same thing happened to me at Samsclub.com. I ordered a special that Samsclub.com emailed to me. Paid for and received a confirmation of payment. The next day I received an email the items had shipped and that I would receive it within five days. I forgot about the shipping date and realized I hadn't received the item after two weeks. I made some phone calls only to hear Sams Club blame FedEx for losing the items. I called my brother- in-law (a Fedex hub manager) to see if he could help me. He traced the item by intended delivery address (tracking number wasn't valid). Sam's Club generated a label but never had the item available for Fedex to pickup. I find these tactics by Sam's Club terrible. The next thing I know, I receive an email stated they refunded my money. Now I am left without the items I had planned on giving as gifts. I think Samsclub.com falls into the same category with Best Buy."
Cancelled Orders e-mailed: "Same thing happened with Carters.com -- Two weeks after placing a Black Friday online order, they cancelled 10 of 16 items that we ordered."
-Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV