NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Online shopping has been all the buzz amid the holiday season, as retailers promote their social and e-commerce efforts.
Shoppers have welcomed the digital push, as all reports point to huge surges in e-commerce, especially during the Black Friday weekend.
But for all online shopping's benefits -- price comparison, avoiding crowded malls -- there appears to be some hidden qualms that need to be sorted out if retailers plan to operate a seamless brick-and-mortar and online business.
It started with a story
TheStreet published earlier this week regarding
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV