4. Limited Brands (LTD) is a specialty retailer of women's intimate and other apparel, beauty and personal care products and accessories. The company's brands include Victoria's Secret, Victoria's Secret Pink, La Senza, and Bath & Body Works. It operates 2,628 specialty stores in the U.S. and its brands are sold in more than 600 direct-owned and franchised stores worldwide.
Of the 25 analysts covering the stock, 52% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $45.21, or 15.2% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg survey.
Net sales for the third quarter of 2011 stood at $2.1 billion, up 9.5% from the same period last year. Adjusted earnings per share increased 39%, while operating income rose 24.8%. Comparable-store sales grew 8% for the quarter.For 2011, the company pegs adjusted earnings per share between $2.38 and $2.53. In November, the company reported a 7% increase in comparable store sales for the four weeks ended Nov. 26, 2011. Furthermore, EL has declared a special dividend of $2 per share, payable Dec. 23. Sycamore Partners, a New York-based private equity firm, recently acquired a controlling 51% interest in Mast Global Fashions, the third-party apparel sourcing division of Limited Brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV