5. Estee Lauder Companies (EL) engages in the manufacture and marketing of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The company's products have exposure in over 150 countries under the brands Estee Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, M-A-C, Bobbi Brown, Tommy Hilfiger, Kiton, La Mer, Donna Karan, Aveda and Jo Malone.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 58% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $127.33, about 15% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
Net sales for the first quarter of 2012 were reported at $2.48 billion, an 18% increase compared to the same period fiscal year 2011. Net earnings stood at $278.6 million, up 46% from $191.1 million last year. During the quarter, operating margin increased by 310 basis points.The company's sales guidance for 2012 is between 8% and 10%, at constant currency and earnings per share before restructuring charges to $4.25 to $4.45. EL is also preparing to implement SAP in over 25 business units over the next two years. Aramis and Designer Fragrances, a division of the company, has entered into a multi-year agreement with Tory Burch for an exclusive worldwide license for the latter's fragrance business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV