SANTA ANA, Calif., Dec. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- First American Title Insurance Company, a leading global provider of title insurance and settlement services for real estate transactions, today announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Hexter-Fair Title Company, a Dallas-Fort Worth-based title and escrow company founded in 1916.
The transaction is expected to close in January 2012 pending regulatory approval and terms of the deal were not disclosed. With the acquisition of Hexter-Fair, First American will increase its market share by adding 21 new offices in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area.
Hexter-Fair's current owner, David Fair, will remain as chairman of the new entity, Hexter-Fair/First American Title Company, LLC, and will continue to be an integral part of the leadership team.
"This acquisition will significantly enhance First American's title operations in
Dallas-Fort Worth," said
Dennis Gilmore, president of First American Title Insurance Company. "Together with Republic Title, the new entity will increase our range of service in that area and further our strategy to grow market share in the largest title and settlement services markets."
About First American Title Insurance Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV