For the three months ended Nov. 30, Tibco reported non-GAAP earnings of $72.2 million, or 42 cents a share, on revenue of $289.5 million. The performance bested the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for a fiscal fourth-quarter profit of 35 cents per share on revenue of $281.3 million.
"TIBCO delivered another strong year of accelerating revenue growth and expanded profitability in 2011," said Vivek Ranadivé, TIBCO's chairman and chief executive officer in the company press release.
Shares of Tibco, which makes cloud computing applications, fell more than 6% to $22 in the regular session as a weak quarter from tech bellwether Oracle (ORCL) raised doubts about the sector. In the extended session, Tibco's stock was last quoted at $22.31, up 1.4% on volume of more than 1 million, according to Nasdaq.com, although the shares did scrape an after-hours low of $20.61.--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV