NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
WinnersiShares MSCI Taiwan Index Fund (EWT) 3.0%
December has been a rough month for EWT and at the start of this week the fund descended to its lowest levels of the year. The strength seen over the past two days have been encouraging. However, the fund still has considerable ground to cover before regaining the levels seen at the start of the month.
At the same time that Taiwan's markets are heading higher, other corners of Asia are stumbling. The iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (FXI) is off over 1.5% in early afternoon trading.
ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury ETF (TBT) 2.3%All three of the major U.S. indices were trading in negative territory early this afternoon. Despite this downward action, however, investors appear hesitant toward safe-haven asset classes. As TBT powers higher, the iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) is off around 1%. The PowerShares DB U.S. Dollar Index Bullish Fund (UUP) is relatively unchanged. iPath S&P GSCI Crude Oil Total Return Index ETN (OIL) 1.5% Futures-tracking energy exchange-traded products are heading higher. While OIL is leading the pack, the United States Oil Fund (USO) and United States Gasoline Fund (UGA) are in positive territory as well. Earlier today, natural gas futures ETFs like iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex Total Return ETN (GAZ) were seeing standout strengths. Much of these gains have been dashed, however.
LosersiShares S&P North American Technology Software Index Fund (IGV) -4.9%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV