Exreme: Overbought; RSI at 72.49
Nearest Resistance: $26.40Nearest Support: $24 For-profit education firm Education Management (EDMC) is showing traders one of the more attractive near-term setups right now, thanks to a recent breakout above resistance at $24. While the for-profit education industry has been under pressure for most of 2011 as new regulatory pressures threaten to derail Federal loan funding, EDMC has actually had a very bullish run for the year -- shares are up more than 37%. With resistance at $26.40, now looks like a good opportunity to take a long position in EDMC. I'd suggest putting a protective stop just below $24 to avoid against having this trade turn around on you unexpectedly if sentiment changes. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Overbought and Oversold Trades portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV