BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- When you're looking for trades to make in this volatile market, think "extreme."
Stocks trading at price extremes -- either overbought or oversold -- can offer investors outsized risk/reward tradeoffs. They can also create trading opportunities in markets that aren't offering much direction right now. But to find trades in overbought or oversold stocks, it's crucial to know what you're looking at.
For starters, when we talk about overbought or oversold, we're not talking about a company being over or undervalued. Instead, we're talking about price extremes in a stock's momentum. Overbought doesn't mean that a stock costs "too much" -- only that it has accelerated more quickly than the market typically allows.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV