Retail store operator Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) is trading up 0.32% at $59.37 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $59.66 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $59.16-$59.6652-Week Range: $48.31-$59.40 Volume: 4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 11.6 million Wal-Mart has a market cap of $203.07 billion and an enterprise value of $254.96 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 12.55 and a forward price-to-earnings of 12.08. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 10.3%, and for next year it's pegged at 9.4%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Wal-Mart is very low at 1.7%. From a technical standpoint, WMT has started to trigger a big breakout trade today now that this stock has cleared some near-term overhead resistance at $59.03. Volume on this breakout so far is very light, so traders need to watch how the stock finishes with price and volume. Look for a sustained move and close above $59.03 on volume that's near or above 11.6 million to signal that WMT wants to trend higher in the near future. If we get that action, then look for WMT to challenge its next significant resistance levels that sit just under $65. Wal-Mart, one of Warren Buffett's holdings, also shows up on a list of 10 Stocks Held by the Most Successful Fund Managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV