CVS Caremark (CVS) also comes highly recommended with 23 of the 26 analysts covering the stock at either strong buy (7) and buy (16) and the 12-month median price target of $45 implying potential upside of 9.8% from Tuesday's close at $41.01.
Gabelli analyst Jeff Jonas is bullish on CVS Caremark, which provides pharmacy benefit management services as well as operating more than 7,000 drugstores, because he believes the company has good cash flow and that the Caremark portion of the business has had an "amazing number of contract wins."
The company has consistently beaten the market's earnings expectations this year, and the shares have outperformed the broad market, gaining 18% vs. a marginal increase for the S&P 500. The stock now trades at a forward price-to-earnings multiple of 12.7X, and is finishing 2011 strong, hitting its 52-week high of $41.30 on Tuesday.CVS Caremark is scheduled to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Feb. 8, and the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a profit of 89 cents a share in the latest three months on revenue of $28.05 billion. TheStreet Ratings has an A grade for CVS ratring the stock as a buy with a price target of $48.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV