The majority of Wall Street is bullish UnitedHealth Group (UNH) with 19 of the 24 analysts covering the stock at either strong buy (9) or buy (10), and the median 12-month price target sitting at $58, according to Thomson Reuters data. That implies potential upside of 13% from Tuesday's close at $51.35.
The company is the strongest large-cap recommendation of Stifel Nicolaus analyst Tom Carroll, who says the Minnetonka, Minn.-based health care services company is attractive because it's diversifying away from just health insurance.
UnitedHealth has beaten Wall Street's earnings expectations in the first three quarters of this past fiscal year, delivering an average upside surprise of nearly 22%. The company is slated to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Jan. 19 with the average analysts' estimate calling for a profit of $1.02 a share in the December-ending period on revenue of $25.69 billion.TheStreet Ratings rates UnitedHealth Group at A+ and considers the stock a buy with a $63.68 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV