The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished 4 points higher, or 0.03%, at 12,107, after losing 104 points at the session's low. The index gained 337s point in the previous session. The S&P 500 crept up 2 points, or 0.2%, to 1244 after sinking throughout much of the session.
The Fast Money gang debates: Should Oracle (ORCL) have taken down tech stocks? Oracle's big earnings miss and weak outlook was the story on Wednesday, even with a minor recovery in its shares off a low at the end of the session. It was no surprise after the poor results and outlook provided in Tuesday's after-hours session; Oracle hit its August low during the Wednesday session.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV