NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- From the wearisome European debt crisis to the implosion of MF Global, 2011 was a year filled with major business news stories and world events.
Apple's guru and co-founder Steve Jobs died in October after a long fight with pancreatic cancer, leaving Apple's millions of adherents without the spiritual presence of the mystical man in the black turtleneck.
Occupy Wall Street took the country by storm, in some ways literally, as anti-bank, anti-corporate, anti-greed protesters set up camps and clashed with police from coast to coast. The protesters' chant of "We are the 99 percent" became part of the national lexicon.
The U.S. saw its credit rating downgraded in August as Washington politicians bullheadedly bickered over ways not to address the multi-trillion dollar national debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV