NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Based on respective 12-month price targets, analysts expect these five stocks to outperform their peers and broader markets. These mid-caps have an average upside potential of 93.5% with a mean upside and average buy ratings of 61%.
These stocks belong to diverse sectors such as mining, information technology, telecom and metals.
5. Yandex (YNDX) is a Russia-based Internet company, operating the country's popular search engine and the most-visited Web site. It also operates in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Turkey.
For the third quarter of 2011, YNDX reported revenue of $161.9 million, up 65% compared with the same quarter previous year. Adjusted EBITDA stood at $73.3 million, up 54%. Net income came in at 53.5 million, an increase of 93%. Yandex held 62.7% share of the Russian search market during the third quarter, LiveInternet reports.The company expects year-on-year revenue growth of 58% to 60% for full year 2011. The search engine results pages grew 42%. The company invested $15 million in the U.S. search engine blekko during the quarter. Number of advertisers grew 48% from the earlier-year's third quarter to 158,000, up 10% from the prior quarter. In November, YNDX acquired SPB Software, a developer of mobile software with offices in Russia, Taiwan, and Thailand to offer a key component for mobile platforms -- a user interface configured to integrate the company's key services. Furthermore, the company has announced a partnership with Seznam.cz, the largest Web search engine and information portal in the Czech Republic, with 56% search market share. Earlier this month, YNDX introduced a search app for the iPhone, downloadable free from the Apple App Store. The app offers iPhone users the fastest and easiest access to Yandex's search engine, as well as access to other Web sites and Yandex services. Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 53% recommend a buy and 33% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $32.4, about 81.6% higher than the current price, according to Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV