Piedmont Natural Gas Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (PNY)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Piedmont Natural Gas Company (NYSE:PNY) is tomorrow, December 22, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 29 cents per share. At a price of $33.96 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 3.5%. The average volume for Piedmont Natural Gas has been 375,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Piedmont Natural Gas has a market cap of $2.38 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 21.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc., an energy services company, distributes natural gas to residential, commercial, industrial, and power generation customers in portions of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.9, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Sign up for TheStreet's FREE Dividend and Income Investor Newsletter
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV