- Net sales and operating revenues increased 7% to $2.26 billion from $2.12 billion in the third quarter of last year.
- Comparable store used unit sales declined 3% in the third quarter compared with a 16% increase in the prior year period.
- Total used unit sales decreased 1%.
- Total wholesale unit sales increased 13%.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income rose 12% to $62.6 million.
- Net income was $82.8 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, compared with $82.4 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, earned in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
CarMax Reports Quarterly Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.