Buffett, now 81 and entering his 47th year of running Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) as chairman and CEO, has had an impressive run.
Listed among the world's wealthiest people, Buffett (and right-hand man Charlie Munger) have transformed Berkshire Hathaway from a textiles business into an umbrella conglomerate owning dozens of companies spanning the property and casualty insurance sector, reinsurance, utilities, energy, freight rail transportation, finance, manufacturing, retailing and services.
|Warren Buffett, in his 47th year of running Berkshire Hathaway, has become a role model for entrepreneurs.|
Buffett has amassed stakes in many large corporations, including long-term ownership in Coca-Cola (KO).He is admired by many, including many readers who told us are plenty of business lessons to be learned from Buffett. "Being a good leader means to be able to have people follow towards a goal. He is doing that," says Josh Denton, president of Denton Consulting Group in Duluth, Minn. We spoke with several leadership and management experts to get a sense of some of Buffett's attributes that could be followed by small-business owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV