The Board of Directors of The Korea Fund, Inc. (NYSE:KF) (the “Fund”) announced today that they have declared a short-term capital gain distribution of $0.95 per share and a long-term capital gain distribution of $4.50 per share. The distributions will be payable on January 20, 2012 to shareholders of record on December 30, 2011 with an ex-dividend date of December 28, 2011.
RCM Capital Management LLC and RCM Asia Pacific Limited are the Fund's investment manager and sub-adviser, respectively.
The Fund's daily New York Stock Exchange closing price and net asset value per share, as well as other information, including updated portfolio statistics and performance are available at http://www.thekoreafund.com or by calling the Fund's shareholder servicing agent at (800) 254-5197.
Statements made in this release that look forward in time involve risks and uncertainties and are forward looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, the adverse effect from a decline in the securities markets or a decline in the Fund’s performance, a general downturn in the economy, competition from other companies, changes in government policy or regulation, inability to attract or retain key employees, inability to implement its operating strategy and/or acquisition strategy, and unforeseen costs and other effects related to legal proceedings or investigations of governmental and self-regulatory organizations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV