Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) is engaged in mobile, fixed, Internet Protocol (IP) and optics technologies, applications and services Alcatel-Lucent is a partner of service providers, enterprises, industries and governments worldwide. This stock is trading up 12.9% to $1.57 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.47-$1.5952-Week Range: $1.39-$6.63 Volume: 19,770,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 23,686,800 From a technical standpoint, ALU is bouncing big today off its recent low of $1.39. Traders should now look for a sustained move and close over $1.60 to trigger the next buy point for this stock. If this stock can hold today's gains and take out $1.60 soon, then look for a re-test of some major overhead resistance at $1.71 to $1.72. I would consider it a major breakout if ALU can sustain a high-volume move over $1.71 to $1.72 in the coming days or weeks. Look for volume that's near or well above 23,686,800 shares. Alcatel-Lucent was one of Scott Rothbort's 11 Worst-Run Companies of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV