8. Dime Community Bancshares
Dime Community Bancshares (DCOM) of Brooklyn has seen its stock pull back 18% year-to-date, closing Friday at $11.55. Based on a quarterly payout of 14 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.85%.
Based on a consensus price target of $14.25, the shares have 23% upside potential.Dime Community is a steady earnings performer, which was also included among TheStreet's 10 Bank Stocks Ready for a 2012 Dividend Boost, because the attractive dividend payout was less than half of the company's operating earnings, over the past five quarters. The shares trade for 8.8 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $1.33, among analysts polled by FactSet, and for 1.4 times tangible book value, according to SNL. Four out of nine analysts covering Dime Community rate the shares a buy, while the remaining analysts all have neutral ratings. Interested in more on Dime Community Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV