A stock in the software and programming complex that's just starting to break out today is Mentor Graphics (MENT), a supplier of electronic design automation systems-advanced computer software and emulation hardware systems used to automate the design, analysis and testing of electronic hardware and embedded systems software in electronic systems and components. This stock is up around 12% so far this year.
If you look at the chart for Mentor Graphics, you'll see that this stock formed a triple bottom in August and September at $8.50 to $8.75 a share. After putting in that major bottom, the stock then took off and ripped to the upside to its current price of around $13.50 a share. That massive move up has now started to trigger a breakout trade today since shares of MENT are moving above some near-term overhead resistance at $12.98 to$13.17 a share on decent volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV