IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Western Digital (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in external storage solutions and maker of the acclaimed WD TV® media player family, has added streaming movie service VUDU, as well as several additional new sports and entertainment services to the WD TV Live™ and WD TV Live Hub™ media players, adding to the media player family's current content offerings from Netflix®, Hulu Plus™, Blockbuster®, CinemaNow®, Spotify™, Pandora®, YouTube®, Facebook® and many others. In addition to VUDU, new services include SnagFilms, XOS College Sports, SEC Digital Network, Comedy Time and Watch Mojo.
Additionally, the new WD® TV Remote™ app improves the navigation experience for WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub users by turning their iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or Android™ compatible mobile device into an advanced feature remote control for their WD TV. The WD TV Remote advanced features allow users to more easily navigate the wide variety of digital media WD TV users enjoy on their television, from leading entertainment services to personal video, photos or music.
New Services( 1)
- VUDU – WD TV customers now have access to VUDU's large HD library of movies and TV titles instantly on their home entertainment systems. WD supports the HDX™ video format that features 1080p Full HD video and rich Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio, allowing users to enjoy a cinema-like experience at home with the hottest new releases available on-demand without any subscription fees or late fees. Upon VUDU registration on their device WD TV media player users will receive a $4.99 USD credit towards VUDU movie rentals, which are available to rent starting at just $2 USD for two nights.
- SnagFilms – Customers now have on-demand access to SnagFilms' broad collection of full-length independent films, free of charge, in genres such as documentary, comedy, drama, family friendly and pop culture.
- XOS College Sports – This free service offers the largest digital library of college sports video, including more than 75 years of current and classic college sports action.
- SEC Digital Network – On demand access is available for current season and classic Southeastern Conference games, videos, interviews and more. This service includes more than 1,000 hours of original and exclusive video.
- Comedy Time – This free service includes a broad library of short-form comedy video programming.
- Watch Mojo – Customers now have free access to Watch Mojo's professionally-produced premium videos in categories such as comedy, education, fashion, food, health and fitness, music, politics, technology and video games.