Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
Things are looking somewhat less bullish for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM), also known as CIBC, one of Canada's big-six banks. CIBC has been locked in a downtrending channel for most of the last six months, bounded by well defined resistance to the upside and support below. That channel provides short sellers with a quantifiable risk/reward tradeoff right now.
For investors looking to short CIBC, the ideal entry comes on a bounce off of trend line resistance. The key word there is bounce -- trend lines do eventually fail, and traders will need to see that the resistance level in this stock is still intact before taking a position in shares. When it happens, the price target to watch is a move back down to the bottom of the channel.
To see these plays in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio at Stockpickr.-- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV