American Financial Group
Things have been comparatively good this year for shares of American Financial Group (AFG), a mid-cap property and casualty insurance company that's rallied 10.47% year-to-date in addition to a 1.96% dividend yield for shareholders. As positive as this stock's performance may have been in 2011, shares look primed to deliver more stock outperformance in 2012.
That's thanks to a bullish ascending triangle setup in shares. An ascending triangle can be identified by a staunch horizontal resistance level (at $37, in AFG's case) and uptrending support below shares. When this stock breaks out above that $37 level, it's a signal that it's time to become a buyer of this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV