NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fly.com™, the world's easiest-to-use airfare search engine, today announced that it started displaying fares from Orbitz, giving users the ability to compare prices from all the major U.S. online travel agencies. Fly.com, which already compares fares from airlines, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and CheapOair, is the first airfare search engine to show results from all major online travel agencies in one view, making it the most comprehensive airfare search engine in the United States.
"Our mission is to provide the easiest-to-use airfare search engine, with the best fares, in an uncluttered, unbiased environment," said Warren H. Chang, vice president and general manager, Fly.com. "By adding Orbitz, we complete the picture for our millions of monthly users and give the most transparent results in the market."
Fly.com also offers many tools that help travelers find the best flight option, including:
- Fare calendars, available on more than 1,000 top routes, to help travelers find the best prices over a range of dates.
- Easy-to-use filters that help users sort results instantly. Sort by price, number of stops, departure time, airline alliance (i.e. Oneworld, Star Alliance and SkyTeam) and more.
- Baggage fee information to help travelers understand the true cost of travel.
- Real-time Twitter fare alerts for flights from more than 40 U.S. cities.
Fly.com is not a travel agency and does not take bookings; it compares prices and itineraries from hundreds of airline and travel websites and recommends travelers the best options for their search. The service is free to use and available at http://www.fly.com/.About Fly.com Fly.com™ ( www.fly.com) is the world's easiest-to-use airfare search engine available in the U.S., U.K. and Germany. Fly.com scours major U.S. airlines, international carriers and online travel sites, and then helps people easily sort and refine results by criteria such as number of stops and departure times. Unlike online travel agencies, Fly.com is not a booking engine. Instead, users are referred to their preferred website for direct booking. Fly.com is owned by Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO). About Travelzoo Travelzoo Inc. is a global Internet media company. With more than 24 million subscribers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and 24 offices worldwide, Travelzoo® publishes deals from more than 2,000 travel and entertainment companies. Travelzoo's deal experts review offers to find the best deals and confirm their true value. In Asia Pacific, Travelzoo is independently owned and operated by Travelzoo ( Asia) Ltd. and Travelzoo Japan K.K. under a license agreement with Travelzoo Inc. Certain statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements may include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions, markets in which we participate and other statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts. When used in this press release, the words "expect", "predict", "project", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "intend", "plan", "seek" and similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, including changes in our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions and other factors discussed in our filings with the SEC. We cannot guarantee any future levels of activity, performance or achievements. Travelzoo undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release. Travelzoo and Top 20 are registered trademarks of Travelzoo. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV