For its full fiscal year, Red Hat now sees earnings of $1.07 to $1.08 a share. The average analysts' view is for profit of $1.05 a share.
Whitehurst said Red Hat was "scratching their heads" when looking at the market reaction -- the stock fell 8% in after-hours trading Monday night, and the selloff continued Tuesday, down 9.3% to $41.74.
"We're pretty happy with the result, the performance was extremely strong," he said.
Shares are down 7.7% year to date.Whitehurst was very positive on Red Hat's $136 million acquisition of cloud storage company Gluster. "We think it
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV