The First HondaJet Structural Test Aircraft, ST1, Shown Here, Is The Second FAA-conforming HondaJet. Honda Aircraft Has Successfully Completed All The Limit Load Tests Planned For Use With ST1. (Photo: Business Wire)
Honda Aircraft Company today announced on the one-year anniversary of flight testing of its first FAA design-conforming HondaJet aircraft, that its third conforming aircraft, referred to as “F2,” joined flight test and has been conducting extensive flight testing since its first flight on Nov. 18, 2011. This milestone marks important progress toward the HondaJet’s certification.
The F2 aircraft’s first flight test began with engine startup at 2:04pm Eastern Time and lift-off at 2:21, on Nov. 18, 2011, from Honda Aircraft Company’s world headquarters at Greensboro’s Piedmont Triad International Airport.
The team completed a variety of checks in this first flight, including: takeoff and climb; landing gear operation; flap operations; aircraft handling; air data system checks with instrumentation; and an Instrument Landing System approach using the flight director. Overall, the aircraft performed quite well, according to the pilots and telemetry teams. Since this first flight, Honda Aircraft has expanded F2’s performance envelope as the aircraft has begun its test mission work in earnest.
"The first flight of a flight test aircraft is an important milestone for an aircraft certification program, and the fact that we achieved F2’s first flight shortly after receiving its engines illustrates our team’s preparation and readiness,” said Michimasa Fujino, President and CEO of Honda Aircraft Company. "F2’s first flight was the result of extensive planning, hard work and execution by many teams and individuals across our organization and our supply chain partner network. The aircraft’s performance is as expected and flying in the aircraft is exhilarating.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV