Retro Toys and Games Making a Comeback
Old School Goes High Tech
Like the Rubik's Cube, other popular games of past years have also had makeovers that are proving popular this season.
Simon Flash takes the popular memory game, once blinking colors on a circular game board, and splits it up into four, movable electronic blocks. Technology dubbed by maker Hasbro as "wonder-link" allows the game pieces to be shuffled about and re-ordered, adding multiple variations to the already challenging game.
Other games getting a new lease on life include smartphone and iPad variations of classic board games such as Monopoly, Scrabble and Clue (the latter has a best-selling "Secrets and Spies edition").Battleship Live, available at limited retailers in the U.S., features an electronic talking tower that calls the plays as well as sensing motion, "surprise game-changing events" and the use of spy planes "to keep tabs on the enemy and coordinate attacks." -- Written by Joe Mont in Boston. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joe Mont. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/josephmont. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV