Retro Toys and Games Making a Comeback
If hula-hoops have made a comeback and skateboards remain as popular as ever, why can't pogo sticks once again bounce to the top of wish lists?
Pogo sticks were invented in 1919 by George Hansburg, an Illinois maker of baby furniture. The bouncing sticks became a national fad in the 1920s and have been popular various times since.
Scholastic's Trend Report lists wooden pogo sticks as an exercise-inspiring retro toy it has seen starting to make a comeback at toy stores, many of which have reported being taken by surprise by the demand and struggling to stay in stock.With videos such as this one of extreme pogoing (if there is such a word) going viral, it may not be that surprising to see this old-school toy coveted by young daredevils.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV