Washington Federal Inc. (WFSL): Today's Featured Financial Winner
Washington Federal (WFSL) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Washington Federal rose 12 cents (0.9%) to $13.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 792,799 shares of Washington Federal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 742,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.98-$13.37 after having opened the day at $13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.95. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: First Financial Service Corporation (FFKY), up 45%, Bank of the Carolinas (BCAR), up 41.2%, Atlantic Coast Financial (ACFC), up 22.5%, and Berkshire Bancorp (BERK), up 14.2%. Washington Federal, Inc. operates as the holding company for Washington Federal, which provides various financial services in the United States. Washington Federal has a market cap of $1.41 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Washington Federal a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Washington Federal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Washington Federal Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV