Union Pacific Corp (UNP): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Union Pacific (UNP) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.4%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific fell $1.36 (-1.4%) to $98.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $98.28-$100.91 after having opened the day at $100.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $99.88. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Gol Intelligent Airlines (GOL), down 10.1%, Frontline (FRO), down 9.7%, Ship Finance International (SFL), down 9.3%, and Pinnacle Airlines (PNCL), down 8.9%. Union Pacific Corporation, through its subsidiary, Union Pacific Railroad Company, provides rail transportation services in North America. Union Pacific has a market cap of $47.72 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.7, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Union Pacific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Union Pacific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV