Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile SA (SQM): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile (SQM) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile rose 83 cents (1.6%) to $52.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 712,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.23-$52.38 after having opened the day at $51.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.21. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Synthesis Energy Sys (SYMX), up 7.5%, Flexible Solutions International (FSI), up 6.3%, Gulf Resources (GURE), up 4.9%, and Williams Partners (WPZ), up 3.2%. Chemical and Mining Company of Chile Inc. engages in the production and sale of fertilizers and specialty chemicals in Chile and internationally. Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile has a market cap of $13.38 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 35.1, above the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 27.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV