Signet Jewelers (SIG) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Signet Jewelers fell $2.41 (-5.4%) to $41.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Signet Jewelers exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.77-$44.49 after having opened the day at $44.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.36. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Bluefly (BFLY), down 17.4%, Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 8.9%, Zagg (ZAGG), down 8.6%, and Birks & Mayors (BMJ), down 8.2%. Signet Jewelers Limited operates as a specialty jewelry retailer in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and the Channel Islands. The company retails jewelry, watches, and associated services. Signet Jewelers has a market cap of $3.72 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.6, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Signet Jewelers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Signet Jewelers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Signet Jewelers Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SIG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV