Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc. (RBA): Today's Featured Diversified Services Winner
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers rose 48 cents (2.4%) to $20.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 369,248 shares of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 600,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.05-$20.57 after having opened the day at $20.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.06. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: Spar Group (SGRP), up 18.2%, Innotrac Corporation (INOC), up 14.6%, Bioanalytical Systems (BASI), up 12.8%, and Teamstaff (TSTF), up 7.9%. Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated, an industrial auctioneer, sells various equipment to on-site and online bidders worldwide. Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV