Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers rose 48 cents (2.4%) to $20.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 369,248 shares of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 600,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.05-$20.57 after having opened the day at $20.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.06. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: Spar Group (SGRP), up 18.2%, Innotrac Corporation (INOC), up 14.6%, Bioanalytical Systems (BASI), up 12.8%, and Teamstaff (TSTF), up 7.9%. Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated, an industrial auctioneer, sells various equipment to on-site and online bidders worldwide. Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RBA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV