Emerson Electric Co. (EMR): Today's Featured Industrial Loser
Emerson Electric (EMR) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Emerson Electric fell $1.20 (-2.4%) to $47.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.74-$49.24 after having opened the day at $49.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.13. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: CVD Equipment Corporation (CVV), down 15.3%, Euro Tech Holdings Company (CLWT), down 13.3%, China Ming Yang Wind Power Group (MY), down 11.6%, and China Development Group Corporation (CTDC), down 11%. Emerson Electric Co. operates as a diversified technology company worldwide. It engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and delivering engineering services and solutions to industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $35.93 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 14.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV