Corn Products International (CPO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, Corn Products International rose 69 cents (1.4%) to $49.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 665,619 shares of Corn Products International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 659,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.89-$49.61 after having opened the day at $49.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.78. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Reddy Ice Holdings (FRZ), up 18.8%, Reeds (REED), up 8%, Mad Catz Interactive (MCZ), up 6.8%, and Stanley Furniture Company (STLY), up 6.2%. Corn Products International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells various ingredients to food and industrial customers in North America, South America, Asia, Africa, and Europe. Corn Products International has a market cap of $3.69 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.2, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Corn Products International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Corn Products International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Corn Products International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV