Steven Madden (SHOO): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Winner
Steven Madden (SHOO) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Steven Madden rose 19 cents (0.6%) to $33.71 on light volume. Throughout the day, 280,534 shares of Steven Madden exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 432,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.90-$34.20 after having opened the day at $33.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.52. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Superior Uniform Group (SGC), up 4.9%, Orchids Paper Products Company (TIS), up 3.7%, Heelys (HLYS), up 3.3%, and Deswell Industries (DSWL), up 3.2%. Steven Madden, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, designs, sources, markets, and sells fashion-forward footwear for women, men, and children. Steven Madden has a market cap of $1.41 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.6, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Steven Madden a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Steven Madden as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Steven Madden Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV