Brouwerij Liefman's Cuvee Brut
There is a lot of overlap between a Biere de Champagne and a second-fermented style like a lambic. Cuvee Brut walks that line without falling firmly into either category.
With the carbonation of a Champagne beer and the flavor of a cherry lambic, Cuvee Brut is bubbly without being sweet. In fact, drinkers pouring a flute of this beer before the clock strikes midnight should prepare for a tart, slightly sour taste on the back end.
That little footnote aside, Cuvee Brut is definitely a welcome New Year's party pour. It pours red with a pinkish head, bubbles in the glass as if poured from a champagne bottle and has a great whiff of sweet cherry and apple."Liefman's Cuvee Brut is a pink sparkling beer made with cherries and not too hard to find," RateBeer's Tucker says. "Very effervescent, slightly more sour than sweet -- a dry, delightful beer." -- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV