Cobra Beer Partnership's Krait Prestige
Leave it to the English to make even a Champagne-style beer more "sessionable."
The English beer industry is built around the drinker having not one, but several of a brewer's beers. As such, the alcohol content tends to get held back a bit to give the poor beer lover a chance of surviving the stumble from pub to home.
Cobra Beer's Krait takes a similar tack here by keeping just enough alcohol to justify all the fermentation it's going through but just little enough to avoid being the sipping beers that the Belgians and Bostonians have concocted. Unfortunately, a dumbed down "Champagne lager" has the same issues of a similarly doltish macrobrew.There's a lot of foam and bubbles, but precious little substance to this beer. A ton of filler gives it a taste akin to a slightly beerier Smirnoff's Ice, but doesn't mask the fact that it's the Champagne of malt liquors. There are a bunch of people who wouldn't mind a bubblier version of Zima -- or even a Zima, for that matter, now that it's been discontinued -- but despite the 750mL corked bottle, lager name and affordable $10-or-so price, this falls somewhere short of both champagne and beer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV