Brouweij Bosteels DeuS Brut de Flandres
Now that's more like it.
Super effervescent with a whole bunch of bubbles, DeuS is as malty as the Sam/Weihenstephan mix but without the all-beer aroma and aftertaste. The pale yellow color and fizzy head are reminiscent of a lighter wheat beer, but the fruity finish and 750mL bottle size are straight out of the wine rack.
There's a whole lot to smell when you first take a sip, and that citrus-and-clippings odor is akin to the "funk" of your everyday Belgian sour beer -- which is just fine for a product from Belgium. The taste, however, is a combination of malt, citrus and spice that won't offend the festive bubbly drinker a bit and is apropos of the Champagne region of France in which it is aged."DeuS is one of my favorites for New Year's," says Joseph Tucker, founder of beer rating site RateBeer. "Festively packaged, it may set you back $30."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV